This 1 hour course, presented by Professor John Berg, gives key background information on the disease the surgery is indicated for, and covers peri-operative care, potential complications, and prognosis.
The course includes a detailed video and quiz to check your understanding. Upon successful completion, you'll receive a personalized CE/CPD certificate.
This course is aimed at all clinical staff and veterinary surgeons.
What You Will Learn
Topics covered in this course includes:
- Principles of tumor excision
- Selection of patients that need CT/MRI
- Definition of wide margins
- Margin classification scheme
- Orienting incisions with lines of tension
- Managing wounds using second intention healing
- Submitting excised tumors for histopathology
- Interpretation of histologic margin analysis results
- Options when margins are histologically incomplete
- STS and MCT local recurrence rates
- Influence of histologic grade on outcome for STSs and MCTs
About The Provider
Professor John Berg is a well-known Founding Fellow in Surgical Oncology and an honorary member of the Veterinary Society of Surgical Oncology, he is also the author of numerous original articles and book chapters on a variety of topics in soft tissue surgery and surgical oncology.