This 35 minute course, presented by Professor John Berg, gives key background information on the disease the surgery is indicated for, and covers peri-operative care, potential complications, and prognosis.
The course includes a detailed video and quiz to check your understanding. Upon successful completion, you'll receive a personalized CE/CPD certificate.
This course is aimed at all clinical staff and veterinary surgeons.
What You Will Learn
Topics covered in this course includes:
- Types of GI foreign bodies
- Pathophysiology of intestinal obstruction
- Diagnosis of foreign body obstruction
- Antibiotics, suture material and needles
- Indications for surgery for foreign bodies
- Assessing intestinal viability
- Postop feeding
- Intestinal incisional dehiscence
About The Provider
Professor John Berg is a well-known Founding Fellow in Surgical Oncology and an honorary member of the Veterinary Society of Surgical Oncology, he is also the author of numerous original articles and book chapters on a variety of topics in soft tissue surgery and surgical oncology.