This 30 minute course, presented by Professor John Berg, gives key background information on the disease the surgery is indicated for, and covers peri-operative care, potential complications, and prognosis.
The course includes a detailed video and quiz to check your understanding. Upon successful completion, you'll receive a personalized CE/CPD certificate.
This course is aimed at all clinical staff and veterinary surgeons.
What You Will Learn
Topics covered in this course includes:
- Assessing blood loss during surgery
- Prevention of hypothermia
- Measurement of blood pressure
- Identifying hypotension
- Treating hypotension
- Transfusing cats
- Tracheal tears resulting from endotracheal intubation
- Brain damage resulting from mouth gags (mouth speculums)
- Anatomic differences between dogs and cats
About The Provider
Professor John Berg is a well-known Founding Fellow in Surgical Oncology and an honorary member of the Veterinary Society of Surgical Oncology, he is also the author of numerous original articles and book chapters on a variety of topics in soft tissue surgery and surgical oncology.