This 45 minute course, presented by Professor John Berg, gives key background information on the disease the surgery is indicated for, and covers peri-operative care, potential complications, and prognosis.
The course includes a detailed video and quiz to check your understanding. Upon successful completion, you'll receive a personalized CE/CPD certificate.
This course is aimed at all clinical staff and veterinary surgeons.
What You Will Learn
Topics covered in this course includes:
- Types/behavior of canine liver tumors
- Signs and clinical pathology of liver tumors
- Vacuolar hepatopathy and HCC in Scotties
- Imaging of liver masses in dogs
- Roles of cytology and biopsy
- Client communication re. liver lobectomies
- Basic liver anatomy
- Liver lobectomy techniques
- Staplers and vessel sealing devices in liver lobectomy
- HCC prognosis
- Feline liver masses
About The Provider
Professor John Berg is a well-known Founding Fellow in Surgical Oncology and an honorary member of the Veterinary Society of Surgical Oncology, he is also the author of numerous original articles and book chapters on a variety of topics in soft tissue surgery and surgical oncology.