This 40 minute course, presented by Professor John Berg, gives key background information on the disease the surgery is indicated for, and covers peri-operative care, potential complications, and prognosis.
The course includes a detailed video and quiz to check your understanding. Upon successful completion, you'll receive a personalized CE/CPD certificate.
This course is aimed at all clinical staff and veterinary surgeons.
What You Will Learn
Topics covered in this online presentation include:
- Causes of ruptured bladder
- Clinical signs of ruptured bladder
- Abdominal fluid analysis
- Use of urea, creatinine and potassium in diagnosing uroabdomen
- Timing of surgery
- Initial stabilization and urinary diversion
- Imaging of uroabdomen patients
- Urethrocystograms and microbubble studies
- Aftercare and prognosis
About The Provider
Professor John Berg is a well-known Founding Fellow in Surgical Oncology and an honorary member of the Veterinary Society of Surgical Oncology, he is also the author of numerous original articles and book chapters on a variety of topics in soft tissue surgery and surgical oncology.