This 45 minute course, presented by Professor John Berg, gives key background information on the disease the surgery is indicated for, and covers peri-operative care, potential complications, and prognosis.
The course includes a detailed video and quiz to check your understanding. Upon successful completion, you'll receive a personalized CE/CPD certificate.
This course is aimed at all clinical staff and veterinary surgeons.
What You Will Learn
Topics covered in this course includes:
- Effect of spaying on mammary cancer in dogs and cats
- Effect of neutering on other cancers
- Effect of neutering on noncancerous diseases
- Effect of neutering on behavioral issues and dog on human bites
- My summary recommendations regarding spaying and neutering
- Ovariectomy vs. ovariohystectomy
- Ovarysparing spay
About The Provider
Professor John Berg is a well-known Founding Fellow in Surgical Oncology and an honorary member of the Veterinary Society of Surgical Oncology, he is also the author of numerous original articles and book chapters on a variety of topics in soft tissue surgery and surgical oncology.